Our most popular paddle, the Sting Ray Hybrid is lighter than comparable models by 4oz., packing a high-performance carbon shaft with non-stop nylon blades.
- Weighing 30 ounces, the Sting Ray Hybrid is the lightest flatwater injected molded kayak paddle available at this price point.
- Redesigned, stronger blade. The new blade shape provides a smoother forward stroke with less chances for flutter, a stiffer feel, and quieter entry and exit. The upgraded fiberglass + nylon blade material is stronger (meaning less flex) and thicker, making it more durable and robust long-term.
- Fiberglass-reinforced nylon blades are designed for forgiveness and the right amount of flex, keeping the kayak moving efficiently even with extra gear slowing you down.
- 92.5 sq. inch blade is the ideal size for efficiency, providing enough torque to maneuver the kayak without overly fatiguing.
- The traditional “mid-sized” or slender blade design is preferred by low-angle paddlers where the forward stroke is more horizontal or relaxed in nature.
- The carefully engineered blade shape slices into and out of the water and limits fatigue due to wind resistance.
- The sharp dihedral provides a silky-smooth forward stroke with zero tolerance for fluttering, preserving your energy for longer paddling trips.
- 100% carbon shaft is the lightest material available, so paddling is less fatiguing and more enjoyable on longer trips. The carbon weave is tight and secure, making it one of the strongest options.
- The shaft is ovalized where the hands go for more comfort and control, and to limit the chances of blisters.
- The Posi-Lok™ ferrule is the gold standard in paddlesports today, known for its secure fit, simplicity, and longevity. Paddlers enjoy the quick, intuitive ability to adjust the blade offset in 15-degree increments depending on wind and other paddling conditions. The carbon ferrule offers a robust solution that can last years to come.
- The carbon ferrule insert is light, tight, and right for the long haul. This is a sizable upgrade over plastic or glass ferrule inserts.
- Featuring two color options: Sunset Red, the ideal companion for an evening paddle trip, and the best-selling option in white.
- Proudly hand built in Osceola, Wisconsin, USA, by a team of paddlers and outdoor enthusiasts.
- Licensed Ferrule US Patent No. 6,881,111
Shaft Material: 100% Carbon, Ovalized
Blade Material: abXII Fiberglass Reinforced Nylon
Blade Size: 6.5 x 18 in. (16.5 x 46 cm)
Blade Surface Area: 92.5 sq. in. (597 sq. cm)
Weight: 30 oz. (850 g)
Ferrule Angles: Infinite
The Sting Ray Hybrid is available in lengths from 200cm to 260cm in increments of 5cm. This 2-piece paddle is also available with a smaller diameter shaft.